Sunday, February 6, 2011

"I'm Normal, So You're Not"

Today, Sunday, February 6th, I was home sick, after Carol left for Church I decided to have worship by myself, so I got on the Internet and found Stonecreek's web sight which has Dr. Joe Grana's scripture and theme for today's worship service. I did not look at Dr. Grana's title theme, but I did look at his text, and drafted my own title, with three points, and the So Now What conclusion I've always had at the end of my teachings. The three points and So Now What are, what I believe are what the Lord has impressed upon me for spiritual action within my soul, as well as out in the world.

Below is my simple home worship service today with the Lord and His Holy Spirit. I had my prayer time written down but have decided not to post it because that type of thing can look contrived.


·         Preaching text for Sunday, February 06, 2011.
·         Teacher is Dr. Joe Grana, Stonecreek’s interim pastor.
Mark 14: 1 Now the Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread were only two days away, and the chief priests and the teachers of the law were looking for some sly way to arrest Jesus and kill him. 2 "But not during the Feast," they said, "or the people may riot." 3 While he was in Bethany, reclining at the table in the home of a man known as Simon the Leper, a woman came with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, made of pure nard. She broke the jar and poured the perfume on his head. 4 Some of those present were saying indignantly to one another, "Why this waste of perfume? 5 It could have been sold for more than a year's wages and the money given to the poor." And they rebuked her harshly.
6 "Leave her alone," said Jesus. "Why are you bothering her? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 7 The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me. 8 She did what she could. She poured perfume on my body beforehand to prepare for my burial. 9 I tell you the truth, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her."
=================================================================================
·         My title from the text:  Religious Racism, or “I’m normal, so you’re not.”
·         My three main points from Mark 14:1-9:

1.      People have, and will always have, hate for Jesus because of His oppositional presence against their personal ideologies (1. system of social beliefs: a closely organized system of beliefs, values, and ideas forming the basis of a social, economic, or political philosophy or program. 2. meaningful belief system: a set of beliefs, values, and opinions that shapes the way a person or a group such as a social class thinks, acts, and understands the world.), they will always to try kill his impact and influence on the world.
2.       Good religious people can miss understand others who worship differently; sometimes we are racist of faith who try and kill the spirit of those we deem lesser accurate than us. What is normal faith? We view lavish financial praise as a waste of money that should be spent on the poor. But, I believe grand gestures of faith can be coupled with grand gestures of helping the poor. The church and her hands are a signal to the world that there is an invisible God who is felt in the senses and one who leads His people to sensory helps.
3.       Average people of the faith will be viewed by Jesus as the super faithful; he will praise them at the heavenly check in counter for all to watch. Those names will be known for eternity. Jesus praises them.
So Now What?  What do I do with the truths God has unfolded for me today though His word?
1.       I must never judge other Christians faith demonstrations; I’m not the norm, there is no “Normal.”
2.       I need to remember that the world will always oppose Jesus, and any who worship Him, it’s in their ideological genes. We must be patient and loving to all who oppose God’s truth. Love is the only change agent that God uses, not hate. For I was once one of them, and loving, patient effort led me to the light.
3.       I need to try and humbly serve him behind the scenes; He knows who the faithful are. I need to continue to find my new, simple platform of service, and serve him humbly, while being at peace with His callings for me.

1 comment: